Join our research as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Queensland
April 7, 2022
If you have a PhD in the area of materials, mechanical engineering, physics, chemical engineering or a related area, UQ is seeking candidates able to demonstrate:
- An emerging profile in research in the area of fracture mechanics, structural integrity, and mechanical properties of steels, and how these are influenced by hydrogen.
- Experimental experience, theoretical understanding and modelling ability of hydrogen permeability in steels, including hydrogen solubility, diffusion, trapping and time dependent hydrogen concentration profiles, and the effect of hydrogen surface ingress
- An ability to revitalise a thermal desorption apparatus for the measurement of the hydrogen content of a steel specimen, and to reconcile the measured hydrogen solubility to that determined from hydrogen permeability.
- High level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, effective scheduling of research, an ability to facilitate research of team members, as well as work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team.
- Evidence of publishing high quality research papers in high impact scientific journals, and of successful interactions with engineers from an Industrial Advisory Team.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $83,831 – $96,530 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $98,082 – $112,940 per annum.
- School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering
- Fixed-term position ending 30 April, 2023, with the possibility of extension for a further 1-2 years subject to the availability of funds.
- Funded by research projects with Future Fuels CRC.
- Closing date 24th April 2022 at 00pm AEST, position: R-08571
You apply via Seek or direct to UQ using these links: